use less plastic in hospitality

How to make a big impact on ocean plastic

Amanda Keetley Blog Leave a Comment

Share this Post

Independent hospitality businesses have the opportunity to make a HUGE difference when it comes to ocean plastic – and they don’t need to wait until 2020, 2022 or 2025 like the big names are promising – they can act NOW!

However, many don’t have the time or expertise to identify the best alternatives to single-use plastic, or the money to create marketing materials that promote their positive actions to their customers and the wider community too.

If you know someone who works in hospitality, who’d like to use less plastic, please share our new Less Plastic in Hospitality Training & Marketing Pack with them. It’s specially designed to help them make sound decisions & quick progress on their less plastic journey & provides them with the tools to promote their great work too!

Since 2015 we’ve been researching and highlighting the most impactful steps individuals and businesses can take to reduce their plastic footprints.

Seeing plastic wash up with every tide on our local beaches brought home the reality that we’re all using too much plastic. Plastic takes centuries to break down, wreaking havoc on wildlife and eco-systems in the meantime, and is therefore completely inappropriate for single-use purposes.

Recycling is currently not a good enough solution. Only 9% of plastic ever created has been recycled, and much of that is ‘downcycled’ (i.e. from plastic bottles to fleeces). The other 91% makes it’s way to landfills or incinerators, or ends up littering land and sea. This is clearly not sustainable.

Significantly reducing plastic use is the most effective way to tackle the ocean plastic crisis.

Our Less Plastic in Hospitality Training & Marketing Pack identifies the 6 most impactful ways hospitality businesses can cut their plastic use, as well as providing them with the tools to promote their great work to the growing numbers of plastic-conscious customers.

The pack includes:

  • An easy-to-use, step-by-step, 12-page training guide that summarises the alternatives to enable hospitality businesses to transition to less plastic quickly & easily
  • A clear action plan & simple checklist to enable effortless implementation
  • A useful measurement tool for tracking the business and environmental benefits of using less plastic and monitoring the impact of the positive actions
  • Inspiration and ideas for making further changes to reduce business plastic waste in the future (or straight away if ready for more change!) – tailored especially for the hospitality sector
  • PLUS our hugely popular, highly visual, ready-made posters & postcards to help  promote the changes – for use on the premises and on business websites and social media channels

**The unexpected benefit of using less plastic is saving money – by reducing or eliminating disposable items and paying less to have business waste taken away – a WIN-WIN scenario for businesses and the oceans!**

Order our NEW Less Plastic Hospitality Training & Marketing pack today!

Together we can turn the tide on ocean plastic!

#UseLessPlastic #LessOceanPlastic #GreenHospitality

thurlestone beach plastic

Support our work and help spread the word about ocean plastic.

You can order printed copies of our posters and postcards to display at your workplace, school or in your community, or to hand out to friends, or use as educational materials.

Share this Post


Amanda Keetley

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *