Share this Post
Plastic pollution is a global emergency that is compounding daily. Our throwaway culture is filling our oceans with plastic waste; devastating marine wildlife and disrupting fragile ecosystems. Meanwhile, the potentially disastrous human health consequences are only just beginning to emerge.
The only way to stem the flow is to stop plastic pollution at source, by learning to live and work with less plastic.
Less Plastic is a grassroots organisation that specialises in simple, practical ways individuals, businesses, schools, and communities can reduce plastic usage and waste.
We’re excited to announce that Less Plastic has relaunched as a non-profit CIC (Community Interest Company) to attract funds to deliver TWO new global impact programmes, targetting plastic waste and nature regeneration.
Since initially launching in 2015, we have:
- built a global following of over 300K people who want to make a difference to plastic pollution, across all the main social media channels
- created 12 infographic designs (in 27 languages) highlighting simple, practical steps to live and work with less plastic
- written the world’s first book to help businesses reduce plastic waste, ‘Plastic Game Changer‘
- spoken at over 40 events – including corporate talks, workshops, expert panels, networking clubs, webinars, schools, and community groups – to share our plastic waste reduction strategies
- organised over 30 community beach cleans clearing an estimated 2.5 tonnes of plastic pollution from our shores
- created a collection of inspirational, eco-friendly, ethical T-shirt designs in collaboration with Teemill, for Plastic Activists to wear with pride
- and collaborated with hundreds of like-minded people and organisations who are also passionate about stemming the flow of plastic pollution
Less Plastic is a lean, results-driven organisation that has achieved all of the above with very small budgets and huge amounts of passion for protecting our oceans and nature.
The team is now fundraising to roll-out a Less Plastic Global Ambassador programme, to convert ocean plastic awareness into measurable plastic reductions in businesses and communities around the world.
We’re also planning a #MoreNature campaign to provide businesses and communities with strategies that go beyond doing ‘less bad’; striving for the more aspirational goal of incorporating ‘more good’ into core business activities, by highlighting actions that will restore nature.
We are actively seeking partners, sponsors, impact investors and philanthropists who are keen to support an organisation that is making a measurable, practical, positive impact on the ocean plastic crisis through inspiration, education, enablement, and modelling new social norms.
To keep up to date with Less Plastic news, sign up here.
#LessPlastic #LessOceanPlastic #PlasticGameChanger
Share this Post